Tuesday, May 22, 2007

And the results are in......




Back in January I decided it was high time I finally entered an image into a photographic contest. Well, It's the first time I have ever submitted something for competition and I was up against some really great equine photographers. And to make it more nerve racking, the judge was the one and only "Scott trees". My equine photographer hero! He does truly amazing work! (and that's not brown nose-ing, he has already judged me!)


So after a couple of months of nail biting and trying to forget I even entered, I got my print back with the results....

I took a 6th place out of 39 entries! And there were some mighty fine images I was up against. I feel honored and a bit shy about it all. It was a wonderful experience and I think I will be submitting more entries in the future! You can check out the catalog and results here. I can now say I am an award winning equine photographer! (Even if it was a 6th place!)

1 comment:

JAM said...

Congrats on placing so well. It's definitely a beautiful photo. You go gur!