Friday, November 07, 2008

New Site Launch


I hinted that a new look was coming. This morning www.cyndieplanckphotography.com went online! OK, I know it's a lot more to type in, so make sure to bookmark it please :). The old site will still be up for a while, and everything will connect eventually so I thank you for your patience in advance while we grow and update!

Cool and exciting features include:
Flash image shows, see more cool photos right away.
Better portfolio galleries.
Easy access to my scheduling calender!
Ask about availability right from the site!
Easy navigation, everything you need is right at your finger tips on the home page.
View your proofs and order right from the site (ok, so I am working on that happening very soon, but it's coming)

The only downfall is, flash can take a lot longer to load for those of you still on dial up, and with slower service providers. Never fear, a mirror html (non flash) site is coming, and the old site will be still be available, so it is your choice what you want to use.

So here is my dilemma, and I would very much appreciate it if you would respond.

How do you feel about music on websites? Should I add music, or stay without it?

I'll tell you what.... I'll toss in a 2009 wild horses calender to a random entry from anyone who responds with a yes or no!

6 comments:

Carie said...

hey girl

I just happened on your site today, wondering what you were up to with your photography. I am not trying for the calendar, I just wanted to chime in about your question. I listen to my own music when I am on the computer, so to have other music chime in kindof bothers me sometimes, but with your photos it might be nice to have some nice calm music in the background! So see I didnt' help at all. Love your new website, it is beautiful, and it makes me happy to see my little boy still in the gallery!!!

Hope to hear from you soon.
Carie

Anonymous said...

I find it can be very distracting to have music on the website.

Julie Blair said...

Hey Cyndie,

Congrats on the new website!

I personally turn off the music on websites. I too, listen to my own music when working and prefer not to have to hunt down and turn off music on others websites. JMHO.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Hey Cyndie haven't visited the site yet but will. On the music thing, I have my speakers on my puter unplugged because I cant stand all the pinging and ringing and dinging that goes on every time you do something, and also don't like to hear music on websites when Larry goes onto one that has it.

Not trying for the calendar, I have already bought one LOL, and it rocks!!!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Checked the site out and it is wonderful, clean, easy to navigate, and quick to load and browse the slideshows. Great job and beautiful photos!!

dodong flores 도동 플로오리스 said...

Hi, congratulations for your new site...